About Me

My photo
Paulding County, Georgia, United States
I've been doing photography for over 20 years but more recently opened my own business. This blog will give you not only some professional insight but personal insight as well.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

On Father's Day for My Husband



Me with my family....


Normally I don't blog or do anything on Sundays except at the church but it's father's day today and I have this overwhelming need to say what is in my heart. My husband and I met about 11 1/2 years ago....he was a lunch cook & I was a waitress:). He is my best friend & the BEST father....when I go to sleep at night and I lay down next to him I have this overwhelming feeling of peace & oh...how can I say it....I honestly can't find the words. I then think about him & my family and just can't help but thank God for my wonderful family. We may not have much, but God's gifts and blessings mean more to me than all the money in the world.

I know there are some people that wonder if they will ever have that feeling & they are looking and searching for what my husband and I have. I just want to scream...STOP!! When I stopped "looking" and stopped doing what I felt I needed to do to find the man of MY dreams, God's plan was able to unfold and I was able to discover His match for me.


If you would ever hear the story of how I came to be where I met John (my hubby), you would say we were "destined" to meet. Destiny is such a comfortable word to use..One I use to use all the time and is the way I use to describe John and I meeting. But what is "destiny"? Destiny is defined as "a predetermined course of events often held to be an irresistible power or agency "....so who is that "irresistible power or agency"? Why is it that society has become so comfortable with a vague entity instead of saying it was God's plan?? Isn't that "irresistible power or agency" God? So why don't we start calling "destiny" for what it really is? God's Plan . I strongly believe when we fight his plan and try to do things our way, that's when things just go astray. I know....I've been there....I've done it. When I finally just sat there in a really dark period in my life I just said "I'm done....if you're there, I'm leaving it to you". I remember that like it was yestarday and here I am better than I've ever been.



Many people think God's blessings come in monetary form but His blessings are the kind of blessings that you can't live without. The kind that really pulls at your heart and makes you totally feel utterly blessed. These are the blessings God has given me. Money can't buy what I have and I pray that everyone can find the peace and blessings that God has given me and my family. So to my husband who I love more than he'll ever know....Happy Father's Day and thank you God for blessing my life with him:)!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post - I enjoyed reading it. I will have to link you up, if that's okay.

By the way, you've been tagged. If you want to play, go to my blog www.kermooch.wordpress.com.

Great pics, too!